Procrastination - patience, prayer, praise

I LOVE being a homemaker. It’s a dream come true. It took two years to learn how to be a housewife, aka personal maid and secretary. I had to learn and understand what a Godly wife was and how to set my priorities – God first, then Craig, then family, then Craig, then church, then Craig. Oh, did I mention Craig?

I’ve been doing a lot of journaling and writing these days. Some days, I look at the clock and it is 1 pm and I’m still in my PJs; so I hurriedly jump into the shower, dress and do my hair and face before Craig comes home from work.

I’m currently doing a lot of research on procrastination – how to live in peace with a procrastinating partner – so far my angle is patience, prayer, praise. I’m trying to figure out the biblically based principles to help spell out the how-to–do-life in the midst of this very sensitive subject in my own marriage. Pray for me, I had a meltdown yesterday evening:

Craig left a dirty pan in the sink in the garage after he chopped 120lbs of cooked pork butts. The needless scrubbing I had to do (the pan sat in the sink for a whole day), my frustration level went over the top as a result of Craig's procrastination problem and my inability to cope. I took the soapy pan and threw it to the other side of the garage, then picked it up off the floor and repeatedly banged it on the floor until my hand split open and blood went everywhere. I now have twelve stitches in my hand to forever remind me that I NEED PATIENCE with PROCRASTINATORS.

God has blessed me with a procrastinating husband. Funny thing, this trait was noted in each of my past mates. When God wants you to figure out something, he keeps putting the same thing in your path. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. What I think He wants me to learn is HOW TO LIVE WITH ONE – then to share it with others.

I do love my husband. Everybody loves him. Craig over extends himself. He is just a sweet person that loves God and loves to help others - Very busy, way to very very busy. I have to make dates with him to get his time. Tomorrow, he has hired 3 people to get some things done, a plumber for my kitchen sink, a laborer to help organize everything for a BBQ competition that we are cooking in this weekend, and a fence guy to do a job that he can’t get to. Craig has a full time job at Bosch, and two businesses that he runs on the side. He has so many irons in the fire – I can’t keep up with them – and you know – he expects me to because I’M JUST THE HOUSEWIFE.

Am I venting? No no hmmmmmmmmmmmm well maybe.

Got to go for now, big day tomorrow. Packing the camper and off we go for the "Pig on the Ridge" in the big town of Ridgeway SC. I love it there; it’s like stepping back in time. Reminds me of Summerville back in the 60’s. ohhhhhh we are getting old girl!

No comments: